Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
It was originally the oldest church in Kroměříž. From the former Romanesque church, only the core of the tower remains. A new, Gothic church was built in the 13th century, but it burned down in 1643 during the Thirty Years’ War and was renovated between 1651 and 1686. In the years 1724 – 1736 it was rebuilt into a baroque church.
The tower is 42 m high, equipped with a tower clock from 1726. The rectangular base of the church is connected to the tower, closed by a semicircular presbytery with two side opsids. The altarpiece of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary is the work of Jan Jiří Etgens. The small painting of the Madonna by Josef Fübrich completes the furnishings of the altar. The paintings of the side altars are a model of beautiful works of the late Baroque.